Module 1 provides an overview of the Accela Civic Platform database for report writers. Designed for those who are unfamiliar with the Accela database schema, this module allows participants to gain foundational knowledge of the Accela database tables to allow them to begin creating basic reports using Crystal Reports or SQL Server Reporting Services.
Module 2 takes a detailed look at Accela database tables and fields commonly used in reports, permits, letters, and receipts. Participants will learn a basic methodology for determining where to retrieve common Accela data from database tables to allow them to begin writing reports.
At the end of Module 1, participants will have gained a basic understanding of:
• Categories of data stored in Accela Automation database: Transaction, Reference, Configuration
• Common transaction, reference, and configuration tables
• Record ID and Record primary key
• Common table joins
• Custom fields
• Standard database functions for reporting (27)
• Tips for quick and accurate report queries
• Accela database reference documents
At the end of Module 2, participants will have gained a basic understanding of:
• Map common report fields to their source database table / column, using the Data Dictionary of Accela Automation Fields Common to Reports.
• Understand when to use database functions.
• Understand how to use entity relationship diagrams in the Data Dictionary of Accela Automation Fields Common to Reports.
• Use an actual report (that participants plan to later develop) to work with the instructor to identify the tables and columns to be queried for the report.
• Identify supported reporting tools, list their major features, and identify general reporting options across Civic Platform applications.
Prior to attending each participant must confirm the following:
• Completion of Codecademy SQL Course or equivalent work experience.
• Basic understanding of database concepts and terminology.
• Basic functional knowledge of Accela Automation, especially relating to daily operational activities.
• Experience with creating reports for permitting applications.
Accela Partners or Internal Professional Services staff responsible for designing, developing, modifying, or supporting reports for Accela Automation and Citizen Access.
This virtual, instructor-led course is designed to prepare you to take over managing your instance of Civic Platform following implementation.More Information
This course is designed to help you use the GIS Admin tool for setup and connection to your existing map service.More Information
This course will provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to create a basic functional Workflow.More Information
Learn how to implement and manage the look and feel of your site with Brand BuilderMore Information
Leverage the redesigned Mobile checklist functionalityMore Information
This course will give you the confidence and skills you need to create, manage and modify fully responsive forms.More Information
Interested in learning how Accela Insights can improve your data visualization and collection? Join this free training to learn from Adam Mills, Accela Product Manager, how Insights can deliver a more wholistic data experience.More Information
The Oxygen User Interface will be rolled out late 2021. Watch this 180 minute video demonstration to learn how easy and intuitive this new interface is.More Information
This advanced scripting course will help you take your EMSE skills to the next level.More Information